Hannah Van Brimer
2 months ago
As of right now as I right this I am almost halfway through this book. I am enjoying it so far, but not as much as the first book. There is a lot of build up to what is happening, and I don't find myself hanging on every word like the last book.
-Dorian at the moment thinks he has magic after hitting a wall, and it all comes crashing down with him unharmed, Celeana and Chaol are flirting throughout the whole thing so far, and Celeana has found many secrets in the castle including; the tomb with the magic doorknocker, the eye in the wall in the tomb, and the secret stories on the walls of an underground tomb below the library about old magic that used to rule the land.
-A big plot point right now as well that is happening is Celeana is letting Archer live to get information about the people he knows who are trying to overthrow the king.
- Other than that I am waiting for a big thing to happened that hasn't happened yet.
Update: I finished the book and OMG Are you kidding?! I can't believe people had to wait a year for the next book to come out. I feel for you guys. The last half of this book was awesome and I couldn't stop reading it. I was never a big reader but this series has really helped me rekindle my love for reading.
- I like how she was Aelin the whole time.I feel like that was a good twist becuase we never really got a lot of information on how her parents were killed. Now we know that an assassin killed her ROYAL parents and she, Aelin, changed her identity to survive.
- The plot twist of Archer betraying Nehemia and getting her killed was awesome. I just miss Nehemia :(
-Dorian and Celeana have magic I love that!
- I really like how she found the deeper caves and the wrydgates/keys. She figured out the riddle and discovered the king had one or more.
- The king having magic is a really good twist and now everything with Dorian makes so much more sense.
- NGL I was a bit confused when Chaol found out about Aelin and her being the same person. I had to look it up.
- The first half of the book was so slow in my opinion and that is why it took me a longer time to read it than the first one.
- Elena was such a big part of the first book and I feel like she could have been in this one more to help her out.
Overall: 3 1/2 out of 5 Stars