Hannah Van Brimer
2 months ago
Genuinely like this movie mainly for Danny Devito. This movie is ok, but I like the first one a little better. I feel like they tried to put too much into the film, but yet nothing at all. It was so long and it could have been 30-40 minutes shorter than it was.
- I love the penguin and his penguin army.
- Michelle does a great job as Cat-woman in this and I think it was a good introduction into her story for this series.
- I like how Bruce and Selina found out about each other just with two lines about mistletoe.
- I love how Vicky Vale was not in this film and only mentioned once,
- I really like the color and set design of this film like the first one.
- So long and could have been 30-40 minutes shorter.
- I wish they stuck with a more accurate version of Penguin style wise instead
- I didn't really get the Penguin running for mayor thing, like he didn't want to be mayor and he has his plan outside of Shreck wanted him to do.
Overall: 2 1/2 out of 5 Stars
3 months ago
I would say Tim Burton topped himself with the sequel. It was definitely a bigger production and an over-the-top sequel.
Once again the cinematography and score were brilliant and the casting was genius. Danny DeVito as Penguin was something else. Definitely, a different take on the character and a bit of a deviation from the comic books but his performance is fun and entertaining, as well as gross and bizarre.
Christopher Walken does a great job as a corrupt businessman/ politician, maybe too good for a job, jajajaja.
And Michelle Pfeifer as Catwoman, 👀. Hands down best Catwoman EVER!!!!! I mean WOW!!! It is a perfect depiction of Catwoman in my opinion. In the comics, she is not an evil villain or a killer, and sex appeal is her biggest weapon, she uses it to manipulate men and get away with crime. I am surprised Michelle Pfeifer didn't go on to do more action movies, she definitely had the chops for it.
"Mistletoe can be deadly if you eat it... But a kiss can be even deadlier if you mean it."