Hannah Van Brimer
2 months ago
The first time I watched this movie was in 2018 and It was on in the background. In saying this, I got bored because I was not paying attention. After watching it again, I loved it and I really enjoyed the immaculate details throughout the film.
- The jump scares were great. I think they put them in really good places throughout.
- The way that this film was shot is crazy good. I am on the edge of my seat the whole time and it keeps you on your toes.
- I love the room of haunted things especially with Annabelle. Since its a whole universe I like how she was included a little in the movie itself with Judy the investigators daughter.
- The writing and acting is really good for a horror film and you feel for these people in the movie.
- Throughout the movie we slowly piece things together about the house and Rory the lost boy in the woods, etc. I loved how that progressed throughout.
- The small Easter eggs in the film were great and just to name a few: On one of the newspapers in the warrens table when they are looking at the history there Is an article about a bus crash in front of the house and later in Rory's hideout there is a toy bus crashing into something. Another example is at the end of the movie when the investigators talk about a long island case they are doing next. This leads into the beginning o the next film.
- I wish they would have explained or did more for Judy's storyline and the Annabelle scene. She was locked in the room with her for two seconds and then the investigators come home to save her after they figure out the lockets Judy gave them were tethered.
- I wish they had gone into more detail about the history of the house and the people who lived there before.
Overall: 4 1/2 out of 5 Stars
4 months ago
A very spooky and traditional haunted house tale. Storytelling about things that go bump in the night will never go out of style.
A classic horror movie, but also extremely interesting. It’s still one of my favorites after all these years.
7 months ago
This was such a thrilling horror movie to watch james wan really started some thing great. The last 30 mins of it is intense asf.
8 months ago
it was a really really cool movie, the second part even better and creepier !! My love for horror films confirms how good this film is! I recommend it to you!
Morten Veith Schroeder
2 years ago
Seriously scary! Reminds me a bit of paranormal activity but not quite as scary. Was thoroughly entertained throughout. If you like horrors it’s an excellent choice
Scary parts was not scary, it is good till end
I was surprised how much I liked this. It had a good mystery element and was well made.
Classic jump scare movie, but the story and great acting makes the film one of the best.