1 week ago
A really action-packed coming of age story. One of the more memorable Avengers films that doesn't follow the formulaic superhero plot.
Also, the bully calling him "Penis Parker" shouldn't be funny... But it really is 😅
Hannah Van Brimer
3 weeks ago
I love Spiderman, so really any movie with him I will watch. I love Tom Holland as Spiderman because I feel like he perfectly captures both Peter Parker and Spiderman. Peter's heart is so good and he just wants to help everybody no matter how "evil".
Note: In a breakdown video of the movie, it was pointed out that the "8 years later" screen was incorrect and should have been more like 4 years later, lining up with the timeline of the first Avengers movie and Age of Ultron (just saying).
- Spideys one liners are my favorite things and they just make the movie so much better.
- Every time I watch this movie my heart stops whenever we find out Liz's dad is actually the vulture.
- One of my favorite scenes is after Peter basically splits the ferry boat in half and iron man has to fix it. He is like "If you cared you would actually be here". then Iron Man just comes out.
-The suits are so cool and I love every time there are new features. Also Karen is an icon.
- I love how Peter realizes how he doesn't need his fancy suits to win battles and he defeats Vulture with his OG suit.
- I love Aunt May and Peter's relationship I think it's really wholesome.
- I really love the MJ reveal at the end. It's casual and it really brings out this new MJ's personality.
- I wish Ned and MJ were in it more because they add sm in the Far From Home movie.
- Vulture went zero to one hundred real quick and I've seen this movie several times and I still don't fully understand it.
- Liz annoys me to no end and I cannot explain it. It might be because she isn't MJ, but I don't know. She also practically gave his identity away to Vulture/her dad. I feel like his reveal should have been better to Vulture and just between them.
Overall: 3 1/2 out of 5 Stars
2 months ago
I’m not trying to start a new discussion here but I think Tom Holland is the perfect Spider-Man, he’s not the biggest guy, he’s a bit awkward and he looks like a totally normal guy you would go to school with! Spider-Man actually seems human compared to the other superheroes and he has the biggest heart - and that’s why he’s one of my favorite (if not the favorite) avenger 🕸
2 months ago
While recent MCU movies went for surrealistic and high-stakes plots at the time, Homecoming went for a more realistic story with noticeably lower stakes, giving it a more down-to-Earth feel akin to Marvel's street-level heroes such as Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and the Punisher. This emphasized by having both Spider-Man and Vulture treated as a B grade hero/villain by the other superheroes.
I’m glad marvel didn’t go down introducing Spider-Man again and actually show him as how he should be - a high school kid accidentally gets superpower and want to do something. But again the plot is too easy to be guessed, nothing particularly interesting here.
Que Iron man sea el mentor de Peter me encanta porque muestra su lado paternal