Hannah Van Brimer
2 months ago
By far my favorite part of the film was how throughout the whole time they lived in room it was shown to be so much bigger, but then when they go back in the end it is so extremely small. It just shows the power of dimension and angles in cinematography.
- Looking back on how small the room was, it is crazy and so sad that Jack had to be so close to her mother when she was getting raped over and over and he didn't even realize it which I guess is the positive of that.
- I am so glad Jack and Ma got away in the end. I was so happy they didn't have Jack mess up the escape and them get trapped in room again.
- The way Jack was introduced to the world when they were in it was cool because it was a lot of good camera shots from his point of view.
- When Jack realized how small the room actually was was a great way to end the film because he doesn't want to be there anymore even though the last half of the film all he wanted to do is go back and see it.
- I really liked that in the end Jack didn't;t have any bad feelings about room because Ma kept all of the bad and horrible stuff hidden so well from him because of the love for him.
- Some parts were kind of too long and a bit boring.
- I think they should have gone deeper on old nick getting what he deserved.
- I don't think the grandpa should have been in it at all because he just caused some unwanted scenes.
- I was left with confusion when nick just left Jack out and went back to his truck after trying to get him back, but Ma wasn't hurt either.
- If you were not paying attention you wouldn't have known that old nick was arrested because it is only said once.
Overall: 3 out of 5
3 months ago
Definitely recommend! Thought it was a little boring at the beginning but we stuck it out and the film was just fantastic!
Room was loosely inspired by the real-life story of Josef Fritzl, an Austrian man who for 24 years confined his daughter in his basement, where she gave birth to seven children fathered by him.
4 months ago
Para Jack, un niño de cinco años, la habitación es el mundo entero, el lugar donde nació, donde come, juega y aprende con su madre. Por la noche, mamá lo pone a dormir en el armario, por si viene el viejo Nick. La habitación es el hogar de Jack, mientras que para su madre es el cubículo donde lleva siete años encerrada, secuestrada desde los diecinueve años. Con gran tesón e ingenio, la joven ha creado en ese reducido espacio una vida para su hijo, y su amor por él es lo único que le permite soportar lo insoportable. Sin embargo, la curiosidad de Jack va en aumento, a la par que la desesperación de su madre, que sabe que la habitación no podrá contener ambas cosas por mucho más tiempo.
Held captive for 7 years in an enclosed space, a woman and her young son finally gain their freedom, allowing the boy to experience the outside world for the first time.
Wanted to update review watched it this morning and it’s incredible. So emotional and deep and makes you think about everything defo one to watch