Hannah Van Brimer
2 months ago
"Don't Worry Daddy, I'll make you famous again"- Ashley
I really enjoyed this film. The twist at the end with Ashley being the possessed one instead of Trevor was great, and set it up for Sinister 2. The symbolism throughout was really interesting (The black dog, Black Snake, and Black Scorpion all being a representative of Bughuul). Probably one of my favorites I have seen in a while.
- I really liked some of the details that Cargill put in the movie. For example, his son in real life had night terrors like the ones Trevor did in the film.
- I appreciated the fact that Mr. Boogie didn't show up until the 3 home movie because that is when Ellison made that choice to keep watching the videos and not tell the authorities.
- The extended cut endings was such a good way to transition to Ellison drinking the spiked Coffee that leads into the possessed Ashley reveal.
- All of the different titles of the tapes are just downright creepy: "Sleepy Time", "Pool Party", "Barbecue", etc. And then with the ending and the new tape of his family was crazy.
- I really liked how Ellison and Deputy So and So figured out that everyone who lived in that house previously and then moved got murdered by the "missing" child of their family. When in actuality it was the children who killed the family, and then Bughuul took them to the netherworld.
- Most of the scares were predictable especially anything having to do with the projector magically turning on in the middle of that night.
- I wish there were more scenes when him and Jonas the Professor talked because I feel like it could have developed the story line a little more.
Overall: 4 out 5 Stars
3 months ago
Ellison Oswald, escritor de historias criminales, está en una mala racha; no ha tenido un éxito en más de 10 años y está desesperado. Cuando descubre una película que muestra las muertes de una familia, él promete resolver el misterio. Ellison y su familia se mudan a la casa de las víctimas y se pone a trabajar. Sin embargo, cuando unas imágenes antiguas y otras pistas apuntan a una presencia sobrenatural. Ellison descubre que vivir en esa casa podría costarles la vida.
7 months ago
The soundtrack was TERRIFYING. Especially when you go to see this in theaters and you are the only person in the theater. But it bothered me how Ethan Hawke’s character wore the same sweater the whole time through the entire movie.
8 months ago
Great acting. Really scary atmospheric ambience to this film, it's not deep or layers but it's way better than anything like the conjuring or the nun, way better.
Uhyggelig med en af de bedre gyserfilm!