Hannah Van Brimer
2 months ago
This movie was not as good as the original, but it did have some parts that were good throughout. I was still interested the whole time I watched, and it was still creepy throughout. I would have to say the change from super bloody deaths to the not as bloody deaths was definitely something that changed the aspect of the film for me.
- I really love when sequels pick right back up and everything connects with the old film. For example, the different symbols of Bughuul, the Deputy taking on a bigger role from Ellison, and the love story beneath it all.
- I appreciated the character development of the Deputy throughout because he was kind of dumb in the first movie, but he really steps up against the father for the boys and the mom Courtney.
- I liked how this movie focused more on the slow progression of the kid turning evil instead of the discovery of it at the very end.
- I feel like they got lazy on the effects in this film especially with the death scenes. To me they seemed faker than usual.
- I felt like not as much happened, so it was more boring I guess. Lots of blank space that could've been filled with more sub plots or scares.
- They should have had more about Jonas' disseverance.