Hannah Van Brimer
2 months ago
I love this movie, and I think it perfectly encapsulates Halloween, hence the name of the film. I really love in classic horror movies when they use a lot of wide shots with creepy keyboard music. IDK how else to describe it. Overall I love everything about this movie and it is one of my favorite spooky season movies that I watch every year.
- With a small budget, this film did extremely well and for good reason.
- I find it very interesting and unique that there is very minimal blood in this film. The director wanted to focus more on the storyline instead and they didn't have the budget.
- The build up throughout the film to the series of murders is one of my favorite parts of this film. Myers doesn't kill at random, he has a time and a place, and that place was Lindsey's house.
- The fact that this film was shot in just 20 days is crazy impressive.
- The wide shots as I mentioned earlier are amazing, but I also love that as Myers gets closer to trying to kill Laurie the camera angles get more tight and claustrophobic.
4 months ago
Only watched this recently for the first time and I was very disappointed. Enjoyed the 2018 version a lot more
6 months ago
5.5. Doctor plot line is solid. Too slow and anticlimactic for me after watching newer action and thriller movies for the past 10 years. Glad I finally went back and watched the classic though. Nice to see Jess’ mom when she was younger.
10 months ago
Fifteen years after murdering his sister on Halloween night 1963, Michael Myers escapes from a mental hospital and returns to the small town of Haddonfield, Illinois to kill again.
Stands as one of the greastest horror movies of all time. Long live Michael Myers
Simple and brilliantly executed