Hannah Van Brimer
4 weeks ago
This is very different from any other superman movie that I have seen. Mostly because of how much action and detraction in this one rather than backstory. I have heard mixed reviews about it, and so I had to watch it to one watch all the DC movies, but also to see for myself. I probably don't need to see this film again.
- I like this film because I get a clear picture of his origin story, even though it is long in some points. I now know where he came from and why, how he grew up, and what he did with his powers.
- I like this superman because I feel like he looks very similar to the comic book.
- I really like how Lois Lane puts all the pieces together about Kal. It adds an interesting sub plot.
-The visual effects throughout this film were really cool. For example: The part when him and Zod our in the field in his mind, and they are talking about starting Krypton over. The skulls start piling up and Kal sinks.
- I liked how 33 years later the kids from Clarks childhood make subtle appearances throughout.
-I liked Zod's villain concept of making Krypton anew and wiping out earth. I thought it was a good fight for someone like Superman where as Batman probs would've not won.
- The beginning where they are fighting on Krypton took too long in my opinion. Kal was born and put in a ship then for 20 more minutes they were fighting. Zod shove have been tried, Kal goes into space, and Krypton goes bye bye.
-I was a bit confused at the beginning of the movie because he was going from job to job on earth, and he wasn't a photographer. I just felt like it was a little bit all over the place with the flashbacks and everything.
-I don't like how he doesn't go back and forth to Clark to Superman as much in the middle to end.
-Literally where is the kryptonite?
- Zod wasn't even in a lot of the film and he was the main villain.
- He could have saved SO many people if he used his powers earlier
- The fact that Krypton puts you in a category when you are born is crazy to me. You can be a soldier, a worker, or something else.
He wasn't a reporter till the very end and I am not a fan.
Overall: 2 1/2
4 months ago
It’s been quite a few years since seeing this one, but I’ve been in a huge DC mood lately (probably in preparation for Zach Snyder’s Justice League (2021) releasing right around now).
This film does a great job showing how Superman began, first as Cal-El, then as Clark Kent, and eventually: Superman. The emphasis on each stage of his life his very important and well thought out, with lots of time dedicated to each. There is also a lot of time fleshed out for all four of his parents (his Kryptonian birth parents and his adopted Earth parents). This movie is my favorite on screen adaptation of Jonathan Kent that I’ve seen and I love how much work he did to protect Clark for so many years.
This film isn’t perfect, but I truly think it’s one of the best origin films for Superman that we’ve seen.
Next up, Zach Snyder’s Justice League (2021)!
7 months ago
I thought the movie was a much better attempt than Superman Returns, and I was very happy with Cavill as Superman.
An alien child is evacuated from his dying world and sent to Earth to live among humans. His peace is threatened, when other survivors of his home planet invade Earth.
As good as the Richard Donner Superman.
One of the decent DCEU movies and that’s saying something.