Hannah Van Brimer
2 months ago
This is one of the strangest, and worst movies I have seen in a long time. I really tried to rewatch this and give it a chance, but I can't it Is so bad.
I hate this film and I understand why it lost half of it ratings and money in the box office.
- Some of the jokes they make in this film is funny and I had a good laugh, and Scott's awkwardness is very well done.
- The editing is pretty cool throughout
- I am a big video game person, so the fact that it's a big video game is cool.
- The casting is cool becuase I love Anna Kendrick and Aubrey Plaza especially.
-Ramona is attractive, but wtf.
- 2/3 of the editing is not good, and I feel like I am tripping on acid the whole time.
- This movie is all over the place and I have NEVER been more confused. Like 7/8 of the time they skip from scene to scene to scene and you don't know what's real.
-Scott is such an asshole, and annoying. He just leads Knives on and she is oblivious.
- When they put random scenes together like the highs cool and his house door, it doesn't make sense and I don't like it.
- I love do not understand why all of these famous people agreed to this movie.
- The fight scenes plus the actual movie together to not make any sense and one would be good without the other, or at least better.
Overall: 1 out of 5
A wacky teen movie. This is the best way to describe it. With a really incredible comic book vibe, Scoot Pilgrum vs The World is a chill and relaxed experience. A good movie overall, with a good amount of incredible fighting scenes. If you want a wacky movie with good characters and good action, this movie is always a good choice.
6 months ago
Absolutely amazing. Ripped straight from a comic book and it works EXTREMELY well. The characters are so so so good, the villains are all absolutely perfect, and the songs are also all solid. A great fun ride of a movie.
8 months ago
Edgar Wright does a spectacular job with this wacky teen movie. The special effects were great and always in your face, maintaining the attention of the audience throughout but also to convey the comic book nature of what the movie is supposed to be.
Great cast and there’s no one else better to play a nerdy awkward role than Michael Cera.
Funny, entertaining, great watch (especially for an early teen)
This film had been hyped up to me for so long and I found it.. pretty good? Enjoyed while I watched it but probably not one I’d reach for frequently. Loved the music and the female characters, and there are a lot of quotable lines. But my god was Scott annoying - how did he ever manage to date any of the girls? Very fast paced which may or may not be your cup of tea. Overall very funny.
Edgar Wright is a brilliant director. I love the really unique ways they’ve managed to translate a comic into film.
Extremely underrated. I saw this when it came out, and it is one of the reasons I pursued a carreer in film.
Great visual effects, truly unique and extremely worthy of your time.
Offbeat and entertaining. Really liked the pioneering alt comic book styling.