Well, in plain terms, the movie is okay. The way it starts and then suddenly a shift in the middle disrupts the entire momentum gained from the beginning is something for the filmmakers to learn from in here: how important is it to keep it a level up all along. Overall a decent movie.
Wonder Woman 1984 was, unfortunately, an overwhelming sequel to the max (no pun intended). What lacks in an overflowing storyline and is too much with an ungodly runtime is somewhat made up for with classic kickass action sequences and a stellar cast that stars Gal Gadot, Kristin Wiig, Pedro Pascal & Chris Pine.
One major issue about the film is that it takes place in the ‘80s, but it just doesn’t feel like such. The score/soundtrack nor the aesthetics of the film never attach to that vintage 1980s vibe that films such as “It Follows” (2014) and “Hot Summer Nights” (2017) have successfully been able to accomplish.
At least this DCEU installment is watchable, but I do hope in the future that the creative team aims for something sensible, just like they did with the first.
Hannah Van Brimer
4 weeks ago
This sequel was not as good as the first one, but it did have some things I liked about it. Everyone was saying it was bad or just ok but I liked it a little more than that. I mean a problem a lot of people have which I understand is that she wished for Steve back. I understand she is a badass female, but what else would she have wished for. She is all powerful.
- The costume design was amazing, except for the cheetah.
- The humor of Steve coming back throughout was funny, and I liked the twist on it.
- I liked how Steve came back and had to leave in order to save the world again alongside Diana who did most of the work.
- The fireworks scene was very pretty and the lighting throughout was very well done.
- I think they nailed the 80's on the head.
- Gal gadget did pretty well for what she was given.
- The gold armor was a nice touch and is good for a lead into the third movie.
- I liked the message of the truth will always prevail, and in the end Alistair helps his dad see the light and stop the evil.
- The sound design was underwhelming especially during the fight scenes. It is like they didn't go to lengths to make it perfect and superhero level.
- There was a lot going on. The main villain, Kristen Wigg, Steve coming back then leaving, traveling everywhere, the wishing.
- Kristen Wigg was not it I'm sorry. She was good for 2 seconds and then went from 0 to 100.
- The cheetah look at the end was not it at all, I do not know what that was.
- Underwhelming fight scenes.
- Half of the movie I feel like was not necessary and I felt like there was some side plots that were not needed. For Example: The cheetah, all of the traveling and the evil guy taking literally everything all at once was so much, and the backstory of the evil guy??
Overall: 3 out of 5 Stars
Damn this movie was boring for most of the part!
It had a water thin plot, no logic, the climax was bad, bringing back Trevor was unnecessary... Too many shit
Maybe the only parts which were great was the action scene with military truck one and few moments
So ya a poor sequel
1 month ago
I love Wonder Woman as a character but this movie was so painful to get through. Patty jenkins is amazing but man it felt like she wasnt really trying in this. I hate the awful and lazy plot device that was place in this movie to grant people wishes it was like a 5 year old came up with it. This movie has a ton of problems but i hope if they do a 3rd one they actually put they heart in it.
2 months ago
A meandering, non-sensical plot that is bogged down by iffy CGI and by forced, roll-your-eyes 80s nostalgia. But hey, Gal Gadot and fighter jets.
2 months ago
The movie itself lacks action as it is meant to be an action movie. The good thing is Gal herself is already a real life wonder woman.
2 months ago
I really love this movie 🎥. I love all the hardworking of Diana. Really good stuff and worth watching movie
2 months ago
I freaking loved it. After watching it I don't know why everyone's hating on it. Really nailed the retro vibe and had that "Home Alone" Christmas vibes, full of hope. Some of the cgi was bad that's it.
It was okay, I was a little disappointed by how weak the story was though. But other than that its a movie you can watch with your family and chill to.
Trailer was the best, movie is a such a flop.
Story was bull shit didn't even feel like a DC movie
Why such a immature mistake
Spoiled the franchise.
3 months ago
I enjoyed this movie. In my opinion, I think it’s the best DC movie along with Aquaman that has come out during quarantine. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️