4 days ago
(Update review) It didnt really do much for me. This movie has a wonderful concept that can really interesting and entertaining to see if executed carefully but instead it chose to have lazy writing and go on a complete boring and drawn out side quest that was so uninteresting to watch. The structure in this is so under devloped and the ending was such a big middle finger for any body who was invested in the story. This movie is really ass on another level.
Hannah Van Brimer
2 weeks ago
Enola Holmes was a cute, mystery film that I rather enjoyed. I thought it was really funny, but at the same time Enola really makes you feel for her situation. From watching the trailer, I did think that there would be more mystery in finding Enola's mother, and a big ending of when they do find her, but it's ok. I would watch this again, but it is not one of my favorites even though I love the star.
- It was pretty funny, and the jokes came back throughout the movie.
- I love mystery movies, so when a girl detective was solving and deciphering puzzles I am all for it!
- I don't know how else to say it, but it was all around a cute movie.
- When she broke the 4th. wall, I think It was a cool addition because you felt like you were there with her.
- I like Sherlock came around in the end.
- The costume design was great.
- I loved the flashbacks to Enola getting help from her Mom, and then her using them in real time.
- Slow at times
- The ending where her mom just comes to her and they talk for 2 minutes and she leaves... not the mystery solved that I wanted or expected.
- The reason the mother left throughout the film was a bit confusing, and then you find out she was making fireworks for a women's suffrage march. After that, they never talk about it again?
- I wish that it was more about the disappearance of her mom rather than this whole other plot line of this lord running away from his responsibilities.
- 16 year old girl almost gets drowned by this murderer, but its fine...
Overall: 3 1/2 out of 5 Stars
1 month ago
Loved the performance of the Mille Bobby brown ❤️ ... Coming to the movie and story it's bit slow ... But at it will worth of it ...
“Politics doesn’t interest you. Why? Because you have no interest in changing a world that suits you so well.”
Right to the bone. This line right here deserves all the points I’ve given this movie.
I wanted to like it. There were so many elements in there that I thought would work, and yet it just fell a little flat. There are things you expect when you put the name Holmes in the title—a genius detective being the primary thing—and without that, you can’t help but be a little disappointed.
2 months ago
This could have been SO good, but in an effort to create some kind of feminist empowerment movie, they've gone for every trope and cliche you can think of. So disappointed
3 months ago
If you're watching it for the sake of Sherlock Holmes then pause it , take a deep breath it isn't about him.
Okay now take a breadth onde again and play it. God I just freakin love Millie Bobby Brown so damn much. She's just so cute and adorable and so much awesome at her role in this movie, from her accent to the punch lines that's was such intriguing. And the movie was afterall a delight to watch. Can't agree by the rest of the cast, Henry Cavil who played Sherlock Holmes so awesomely and so does Mycroft Holmes, Eudoria Holmes and the rest of the cast. All were flawless You got to see this movie.
4 months ago
A irmã do Sherlock Holmes. Filme legalzinho, muito bom para crianças e pré-adolescentes, conta com uma boa fotografia e cenários e figurinos sensacionais. Tem uma linguagem muito leve, porém deixa a desejar um pouco na sua história/roteiro, principalmente para aqueles fãs do Sherlock Holmes, assim como eu.
It was ok, we watched it to the end but it never really got going. The script was a little staccato and the breaking of the fourth wall felt forced. I enjoyed watching it, I wouldn't watch it again or recommend it over another film.
4 months ago
The movie had little to no point as the ending didn’t answer any questions the main character was trying to solve.
5 months ago
This was a movie that handled 4th wall breaks very well. The pacing of the movie was also stellar, I was never overwhelmed or underwhelmed by the information I had access to in my viewing. I hope there is another in the works.
Bishal Kumar Bhadra
5 months ago
Looking forward for upcoming Sequels 🤩 Really Loved the Acting Skills of "Millie Bobby Brown" juz Awesome, Damn ! The Fourth Wall Breaking Shots bring Goosebumps 😋 This Movie is Totally Worth a Watch 💯
5 months ago
I love Sherlock Holmes and this has the women empowerment and the mystery of trying to figure out the answer before the main character it has adventure and thrill of the chase it’s a great movie
6 months ago
I was the best movie. Brown’s acting was on point she has all grown up and became so good as an actor. Worth watching the movie. It keeps you hooked up to the very end . Its twist and turns will excite you . Must watch if you are looking for a thriller mystery movie .